What's special?

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

MYANMAR

MYANMAR

Old Burma, new Myanmar is an Asian country which has a long story to tell. It is the country of surprises, right from the government to the roads. But everything happens really quick here. Myanmar always faces criticism all over the world, first because of the Junta, then Rohingyas. Aung San Suu Kyi is a famous personality in Myanmar and internationally who is one of the strongest women I have heard about and admire.

But Myanmar is a unique country. The way people dress (longyi) and how the time changes (+6:30 GMT). The Kingdom of Bagan is a famous tourist area in Myanmar. Thingyan, the Water Festival is a festival you can't miss over here. 

My friend Tun sent me the beautiful card I have from Myanmar. It is postmarked in Yangon. My postcard shows a picture of a landmark location in Arakan region now renamed Rakhine which is historic.
Rakhine Picture

Postmarked at Yangon on 10/02/2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

CAMEROON

REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON Cameroon is a name of a country which has fascinated me right when I was a kid. I have always been a fan of Gerald Durr...