What's special?

Sunday, March 29, 2020

LAOS

LAOS

The day I thought about Laos
In the garden while plucking the rose
And when in Laos I had a Beerlao
I had the feeling, Bravo!!!
For tummy I had khao niaow
And tummy said wow wow
When I went searching the and saw no ocean
River Mekong showed me islander Laotian

You can understand that I'm really bad at versification by this attempt at a poem on Laos. Laos is a Communist republic whoch is a landlocked country where you will find about 4000 islets thanks to the Mekong. Recent modificatiom is that Laos is a land-linked country rather than lanlocked as it links its neighbours for shorter fistance travel.

The Laotians like the stucky rice called khao niaow and call themselves the children of sticky rice. Beerlao is one of the best beers ever produced in the world, whereas Lao-lao is one of the cheapest whisky available in the world. The aftermath of Vietnam war and American bombings is that many unexploded bombs is the most bombed country in the world cause regular unprecedented accidents till today.

The Laos has a great biodiversity and the 4 day Thakek Loop is an important bike ride route for adventurers bexause of the scenic beauty and must do in Laos.

I have some beautiful postcards received from Laos which are quiet unique.
 My first card ever from Laos from dear  Brendan shows Phuthat Stupa  of Muang Xay, Oudomxay Province, Lao P.D.R.  Oudomxay is The Heart of Northern Laos.
Postmarked on 12/11/2019 at Sissatanak District, Vientiane
The second card sent by Fran show Laotian tribes, the minorities. Laos consists of Highland and Lowland tribes. Highland tribesmen are minority.
Laotian minorities

Postmarked 14/11/2019 at Luang Prabang
Thr third card was sent to me by Marie which shows a picture highlight map of Laos. Really lucky one.

Postmarked at Luang Prabang on 18/11/2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

CAMEROON

REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON Cameroon is a name of a country which has fascinated me right when I was a kid. I have always been a fan of Gerald Durr...