What's special?

Thursday, March 19, 2020

TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS

TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS


Turks and Caicos islands are a British Overseas Territory in the Carribbean comprising the larger Caicos islands and smaller Turks islands. The name Turks is believed by some to be derived from Pirate as it was a pirate area and pirates were called Turks. The islands are famous for the high quality salt it produces and exports. There are so many salt water pools with handmade dividing walls here. Caicos Conch Farm is the only existent Conch Farm in the world. Middle Caicos is home to the world's largest Blue Hole. There are a lot of unexplored underwater cave systems on the islands.  

I have tried my luck with postcards from these prestty small islands. They have a post office at Providenciales but the officials I guess are to lazy to put on the cancellation. Three postcards I received and all 3 had no cancellation which is pretty upsetting. However I haven't given up yet as years ago I received a cover postmarked neatly as Providenciales

My friend K. sent me my first beautiful postcard from Turks and Caicos and it is a beautiful card but the postmark didn't appear on it as mentioned earlier.

 

The below two cards were sent by my beloved friend Jen but unfortunately they weren't postmarked as well. However I'm proud of this rare country in my humble collection and that too 3 cards so far.





No comments:

Post a Comment

CAMEROON

REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON Cameroon is a name of a country which has fascinated me right when I was a kid. I have always been a fan of Gerald Durr...