What's special?

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

ANTARCTICA

                        ANTARCTICA

Antarctica is not a country. It's a place shared by many countries with their research stations. I decided to collect postcards from each of these stations.


On 25 February a gem arrived to ky collection. This is my first of Antarctica and the only one so far. It comes from McMurdo Station near Ross Dependencies. It is part of U.S. Antarctica. Really happy.
My own design



 
Postmarkedon 05/02/2020 at McMurdo Station


COVID-19 started and cards started turning up less frequently at my address which made me miss postcards more and more. So it was pleasant surprise when a second pistcard turned up from Antartica's another US base called Amundsen- Scott South Pole station. It also turns out that this is the southernmost Antarctic research station. I was head above heels.










1 comment:

  1. hi! did you send covers/postcards elsewhere in antarctica?

    ReplyDelete

CAMEROON

REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON Cameroon is a name of a country which has fascinated me right when I was a kid. I have always been a fan of Gerald Durr...